Ofsted praise for St Thomas as a GOOD school
Ofsted inspected our school in May and have judged St Thomas to be GOOD in all areas. This is a truly remarkable achievement and one of which the whole school community is rightly proud. Inspectors praised the school in all areas and some particular areas of strength are noted below:
- 'Early Years is a hive of activity.'
- 'Pupils feel safe and happy.'
- 'Pupils' behaviour is good.'
- 'All staff have high expectations of pupils.'
- 'Parents and carers are overwhelmingly positive.'
- 'The curriculum is very well planned.'
- 'Children learn to read as soon as they are ready.'
- 'A strong sense of community fills the school.'
- 'Pupils speak with enthusiasm about the books they enjoy'
- 'Teachers know their pupils well.'
- 'Children are immersed in language.'
We are thrilled that the rigorous inspection process identified our many strengths. St Thomas is a very special school and we want to share this with prospective parents, including of children starting school in 2021. Please do get in touch and we will arrange a personal tour with you.