|What’s a digital leader?|
A digital leader is a KS2 pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team within their school, their role is to support the use of technology, particularly iPads across the school. Schools participating in the Herefordshire Digital Leaders Programme are supported in various ways as they set up and support a digital leaders’ team. They do a variety of jobs including:
- Support the use of iPads and computers in school to support learning
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Update and monitor areas of the school / class blog.
- Test and review new digital resources (websites, computer software, hardware or apps).
- Feed into whole school decisions about future development of technology.
- Lead lunchtime or after school computing / iPad clubs.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Run or contribute to parents’ meetings.
- Share expertise with other schools and at conferences.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others.
- Provide first line technical support in school.
- Be responsible for certain maintenance tasks with particular technology.
- Attend staff meetings to train staff.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Attend training sessions when they are arranged both in and out of school.