ST THOMAS CANTILUPE NURSERY AIMS TO:
- Provide high quality care and education for pre-school children;
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- Add to the life and wellbeing of its local community;
- Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and promotes diversity;
- Follow the Curriculum for the Early Years Foundation Stage, which covers the prime areas of Personal, social and emotional Development, Communication and language and Physical development and the specific areas of Literacy, Maths, Understanding the world and Expressive arts and design.
AS A MEMBER OF ST THOMAS CANTILUPE NURSERY YOUR CHILD:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together;
- Is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can do;
- Has the chance to establish the basis of reading and writing through well chosen stories, songs, rhymes and games;
- Is helped to create habits of listening, sharing and concentration and pride in their achievements;
- Is in a nursery which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop.