Spirituality at St Thomas Cantilupe
|Why are you talking about spirituality at school?|
Recognizing the importance of and nurturing our spiritual development is important to us. It can seem complex but we all have an inborn spirituality.
What do we think spirituality is? An unexplainable, intangible part of who we are.
- Relationships – with ourselves, others, the world and God
- Engagement - with our world, ourselves and others
Why do we think spirituality matters for our children? Because it supports self awareness through:
- Engagement with ideas
This makes a difference to our children because it helps them to:
- Build relationships
- Show empathy
- Value themselves and others
- Be citizens who can make a difference
How do we help children to recognise and develop this aspect of life?
- Through the use of the candle to give time, silence and space
- Through creating quiet spaces for reflection
- Through creating a curriculum which nurtures and develops spirituality
|What can parents do to support your child's spiritual development?|